HI ! I have created a realistic RailClone preset of 3-Tab Asphalt Roof Shingles. These are the most popular roof coverings in the United States and Canada I think. It should speed up Your workflow and increase the overall look and realism of Your renderings.
What You get:
– 3-Tab asphalt shingles RailClone preset (RailClone Pro 3.2.0, 3dsmax 2014 file)
– 12 different asphalt shingles Vray materials (Multi/Sub-Object material, vray 3.6)
– 2K Textures
How to use and how it works:
I have recorded a quick tutorial showing You a whole process on a simple roof:
Quick description of the process:
– merge the ‘3Tab_shingles_RC.max’ file to Your scene
– pick/draw Your spline for shingles
– pick/draw Your spline for Ridges/Hips
– pick/draw Your spline for Hip ends clipping
– adjust the bend modifier for ridge/hip caps to match the pitch of the roof on each side
– by changing the spline element ID (1-12), You pick the predefined pitch from 1/12 to 12/12
– adjust rotation of a hip in case of a different pitch on each side
– by changing vertex type from corner to bezier/bezier corner change the starting shingle to a one with cut off corners
Here are the previously mentioned 12 materials ready to use in vray:
and a top view of 12 materials:
Here is how it looks on an actual 3D House model:
If You are not familiar or never heard of RailClone plugin, I highly advise You to check it out on the developers website: https://www.itoosoft.com/
RailClone is a 3dsmax plugin for parametric modelling that is fast and efficient, it operates on splines and can save You a lot of work/time. For me, the crucial benefit is that it saves You a lot of ram usage during rendering process and it also helps with the viewport performance as it can display geometry in point cloud mode.
Here are some more renders showcasing the roof shingles:
*This product is only for 3dsmax and RailClone Pro plugin users
Product may be used commercially.
Reselling, sharing is prohibited.
Product is owned and copyrighted by Mariusz Eligiusz Rawski and buyer has no title or ownership of the product just licensed to use it in a 3D application.
Check out my other products, like Feather Reed Grass models:
or the wind animated version:
Thank You for Your interest and I kindly ask You to subscribe to my gumroad profile so You can get notified about future arch-viz products.